Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies or VIPS recently circulated a notice regarding the reopening of campus among its students.
VIPS released a detailed procedure of precautions to resume academics and reopening of college in a safe environment.
The college authorities stated that the safety of the students remains their first priority. They further added that however the risk of the pandemic cannot be completely eliminated, the goal is to create an environment as shielded as possible.
Suggested For You: VIPS Organizing TEDx Event in March
VIPS has carefully drafted instructions for Parents and a new Standard Operating Procedure for the Staff and the Students.
Instructions Laid Down for Parents
The authorities laid down some important points for parents in an attempt to check the safety of the staff and students beforehand.
It is written in the notice that all the parents are required to check the temperature of their ward before they leave for college.
If the student is showing any symptoms of COVID-19 (sore throat, cough, runny nose, shortness of breath), then the student must not be allowed to go out.
In addition, students having any quarantined/infected member at home or living in a containment zone are strictly advised to stay indoors.
VIPS has also asked the parents to keep a check if their ward is carrying his/her own sanitiser wearing a mask, and is bringing homemade meals to the college.
You Might Also Like: VIPS FAQs: 10 Most Googled Questions About VIPS, Answered!
Standard Operating Procedure for Reopening
After this notice, the campus is expected to reopen soon with Standard Operating Procedure for students. It is as mentioned below:
- The necessary wearing of face mask all the time
- Social distancing and precautionary measures need to be practised
- Students are required to be seated at the allocated seats only to maintain social distancing.
- Proper screening for body temperature will be carried out at the entry gates and only under normal circumstances the student will be permitted inside the campus
- Belongings must be kept within the allocated classroom
- Canteen facilities will not be operational
- Students should carry their own gloves, sanitisers, water bottles, etc.
- Sharing of any kind of material (books, pen, tiffin, water bottles, etc.) is prohibited
- All the essential COVID related precautions must be followed
It is important to note that the students should maintain proper discipline and will only be allowed entry inside the campus with a consent form signed by their parents.