Are you a journalism aspirant and wondering about how to prepare for BJMC IPU CET? Continue reading, this article will surely help you.
The Bachelor of Journalism & Mass Communication (BJMC) is an undergraduate program offered by GGSIPU. The course provides students with knowledge about various journalistic skills in mass media such as newspapers, television, radio, photography, etc. It also informs students about various technology, equipment, and software involved in mass media. Therefore, BJMC is the right career choice for the aspirants who have always been curious and inquisitive about the issues and events happening around the world. Thus, such candidates ideally possess the ability to write and express themselves in various manners. A BJMC student gets to travel and explore, expand their network, and have multiple career options.
Duration of the course- 6 semesters (3years)
CET Code- 126
Eligibility Criteria | Prepare BJMC IPU CET
[ ] Educational Qualification: Pass in 12th Class of 10+2 of CBSE or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and must also have passed English (core or elective or functional) as a subject.
[ ] Age Limit: The age of the candidate should not be more than 21 years on August 1, 2020.
[ ] Nationality: Candidates can be a citizen of India or outside of India. International candidates have to submit relevant documents related to their nationality.
Admission shall be based on the merit of the written test / CET.
Colleges Offering BJMC Under GGSIPU
According to last year’s list, the following colleges under GGSIPU offer BJMC course:
1. Delhi Metropolitan Education
2. Fairfield Institute of Technology and Management Studies
3. Jagannath International Management School, Vasant Kunj
4. JIMS Engineering Management Technical Campus
5. Kamal Institute of Higher Education and Advanced Technology
6. Kasturi Ram College of Higher Education
7. KCC Institute of Legal and Higher Education
8. Lingaya Lalita Devi Institute of Management Science
9. Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Management and Technology
10. Management Education and Research Institute
11. Sant Vivekanand College of Management and Higher Studies
12. Tecnia Institute of Advanced Studies
13. Trinity College of Professional Studies
14. Unity College of Education
15. Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies
Duration of the exam: 2 ½ hours
Question type: Multiple choice questions
Total number of questions: 150
Language of question paper– English
Marking scheme- 4 marks for every correct response and -1 for every wrong response
Suggested For You: Guidelines To Prepare for B.A. Economics Honors IPU CET
Sections of IPU-CET 2020 | Prepare BJMC IPU CET
IPU CET 2020 consists of four sections. Solving each section in an optimum time frame is an indispensable factor to ace an IPU- CET exam. The four sections of BJMC IPU- CET is mentioned
[ ] English Language & Comprehension (25%)– This section tests your proficiency in the English language. You must have a good command over English to score well in this section. Types of questions asked in this section include:
▪Synonyms & Antonyms
▪Articles & Prepositions
▪One word substitution.
[ ]General Awareness (25%) – This section tests your general knowledge and current affairs. The level of difficulty is moderate to high. Therefore, the key is to read the newspapers and stay updated. Types of questions can vary vastly and can be asked from any field. Thus, most of the questions are related to the field of media and journalism.
[ ] Reasoning (25%)- This section tests your logical aptitude and reasoning. Therefore, you have to decipher the main logic behind the questions asked in the IP CET BJMC. The level of difficulty is moderate. Analytical reasoning questions are asked more frequently. Types of questions asked include:
▪Direction sense test
▪Coding and decoding
▪Calendar, Clock, Dice, Mirror images
▪Series and sequences
▪ Odd one out
▪ Ranking test
(Pro Tip: Solve different types of questions regularly).
[ ] Media Aptitude(25%) – Media Aptitude is the section in which you will be tested for the understanding of the media or press. Thus, some topics are print and traditional media, advertising and public relation, communication, etc. Examples- History of radio or history of print journalism, early years of cinema, directors, awards, known recognition, and so on.
Suggested For You: Guidelines To Prepare for B.A. English Honors
Reference Books to prepare for BJMC IPU CET 2020
1. Success Master: Journalism & Mass Communication Entrance Examinations 2016 – Useful for all basic knowledge of the media aspects, and general knowledge.
2. Manorama Yearbook – Useful for current affairs and general knowledge.
3. Also, read newspapers (particularly Times of India & The Hindu) to stay updated on the latest news and current affairs.
4. Keep your knowledge of Hollywood and Bollywood up-to-date, refer to websites such as IMDB. Read about Oscars, Grammy, and other famous awards.
5. Famous television channels (India & abroad), their celebrities, their tagline, and the issues they cover. Google is your best friend here but you may also refer to magazines.
Utilize Your Time | How to prepare for BJMC IPU CET
Utilize this time in the lock-down and sail through the CET with ease. Practice more logical reasoning and read more about media aptitude. Stay tuned for more such guidelines on CET. In the meanwhile, make sure to stay in a good state of health, take proper sleep, and most of all, believe in yourself.