As per the latest update from the university, the university has issued a notice of releasing a timeline for inviting applications for distributing the scholarship amongst the students.
The timeline released by the university is as follows
- Opening of the Scheme for the students 15.01.2021
- Last date/closing date for submission of the online application form by the student 15.03.2021
- Last date for Verification of applications by the University Schools of Studies (USS) & Affiliated Institute 15.04.2021
- Forwarding of the list of eligible/approved students with the recommendation of State University to DHE 30.04.2021
- Allocation of the fund by Trust/DHE after approval of the Trustees. 15.05.2021
- Submission of details for disbursement of the fund in Aadhar seeded Bank account of the student. 31.05.2021
- Submission of Utilization of Certificate (UC) 15.06.2021
The eligibility criteria of the scholarship are as follows
- Any student in an undergraduate programme in any of the Delhi State Public Universities or colleges/ institutes affiliated to Delhi State Public Universities.
- (2) The student should fulfil the income/ economic and academic performance criteria according to to-
- A relaxation of 5% in qualifying aggregate percentage of marks will be allowed to SC/ST Category students.
The process is facilitated online through the e-district web portal of Delhi Government (http://edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in) under the aforesaid scheme.
A student shall submit an application for each year of the Course / Program as per the prescribed format of the concerned institution with the following self-certified documents:
- Copy of Mark sheet / Certificate of having passed class XII or qualifying examination.
- Certificate related to SC/ST category issued by the competent authority
- Copy of Pass-Book / E-Statement of the student bank account which should be Aadhaar seeded.
- All previous mark sheets/certificate from concerned University/institution of the current programme.
- A declaration, as per Format at Annexure-“A”, by the student affirming that no financial support has been availed/is being availed from any other Scheme for meeting the cost of education for the course /program.
You might want to read: GGSIPU Proctored Exams Dates Out. Find Out Here.
Students requesting financial assistance will have to submit documents as per how much assistance they require. The documents are:
For 100% Copy of valid card issued under the National Food Security Scheme
For 50% Copy of valid annual family income certificate issued by the SDM/competent authority.
For 25% Copy of the full Income Tax Return (including the acknowledgement page) for both parents filed with the Income Tax Department for the previous financial year.
For a non-working parent, an affidavit affirming non- employment certified by the office of SDM/competent authority and family income certificate issued by the SDM/competent authority.
The students should register themselves at the link: https://edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in/.
A hard copy of the Application (filled online) along with uploaded documents is to be submitted in the concerned College/Institute/University.
In case of any problem in the online application, contact-
Directorate of Higher Education B-Block, 2nd Floor, 5, Sham Nath Marg, Delhi
Contact No: 011-23980220
Some facts about the scholarship scheme:
- All approved undergraduate programs offered by any of the Delhi State Public Universities or colleges/ institutes affiliated to Delhi State Public Universities are covered under this scheme.
- Only Delhi State Public Universities or colleges/ institutes affiliated to Delhi State Public Universities, Universities/Institutions/Colleges located OUT-Side Delhi are covered under this scheme
- Only the student should have been enrolled for the undergraduate programme in any of the Delhi State Public Universities or colleges/ institutes affiliated to Delhi State Public Universities. Students pursuing higher education from Central /State Govt. Universities /Institutions located outside Delhi within India are not eligible for this scheme.