IPU CET 2021 Eligibility is prescribed by the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. The university organises a university level entrance exam known as IPU CET. Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPU CET) is organized to get admission into undergraduate & postgraduate courses in the university & its affiliated colleges. The University conducts separate common entrance test for different courses. For some courses, marks of national tests are also considered. Here, we are providing complete details about IPU CET Eligibility.
IPU CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The university offers various courses in the area of engineering, law, management, computer application. Before filling IPU CET 2021 Application Form, candidates have to adhere to the given eligibility. The eligibility criteria will be as mentioned here:
- Only Indian/Overseas Citizens of India/ Nepal citizens candidates will be eligible to apply.
- UG Courses: For all UG Courses, the candidate age limit must be 21 years as of 1st August 2021.
- PG Courses: For all other PG Courses, candidates age should be 35 years as of 1st August 2021.
Suggested for you- CET Corner
The eligibility for various courses is as follows-
- Qualifying Exam: Pass a 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board.
- Subjects: Pass the above exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and English subjects.
- Minimum Marks: Obtain a minimum of 55% marks.
- Qualifying Exam: Pass 12th (10+2 pattern) or equivalent exam from a recognized board.
- Subjects: Pass the qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology/Biotechnology and English subjects.
- Minimum Marks: Secure a minimum of 55% marks.
B.Tech (Lateral Entry) (for Diploma Holders)
- Qualifying Exam: Pass three years diploma in the following engineering/ technology disciplines from any recognized branch of AICTE with securing minimum 60% marks.
- Disciplines: Computer Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electronics, Instrumentation & Control, Mechanical Engineering, Maintenance Engineering, Plastic Engineering, Printing Technology, Production Engineering, Public Health & Environmental Engineering, Tool & Die Making.
Note: Candidates with Diploma in Architecture are not eligible for lateral entry to Engineering/Technology degree programme.
B.Tech (Lateral Entry) (for B.Sc Graduates)
- Qualifying Exam: Pass a B.Sc degree examination with mathematics subject from any recognized university.
- Minimum Marks: Secure a minimum of 60% marks
M.Tech (for Computer Science & Electronic Group)
- Qualifying Exam: Pass B.Tech/BE OR
Pass Graduation IETE/AMIE OR Pass M.Sc & MCA.
- Minimum Marks: Secure minimum of 60% marks.
M.Tech (Tool Engineering) (Regular)
- Qualifying Exam: Pass B.Tech/B.E (Tool Engineering/ Mechanical/Mechanical and Automation/Production/ Production and Industrial Engineering) OR Pass Graduation AMIE (ME).
- Qualifying Exam: Score minimum 60% marks.
Read also- CUCET 2021: An Entrance Cum Scholarship Test
M.Tech (Biotechnology) (Regular)
- Qualifying Exam: Pass B.Tech/B.E (Biotechnology/Chemical Technology/Biochemical Engineering).
Pass MS/M.Sc (Biotechnology/Biochemistry/Microbiology/Biosciences/Genetics/Life-Sciences).
- Minimum Marks: Secure at least 60% marks.
- Have a valid GATE scorecard.
- No CET exam.
M.Tech (Nano Science and Technology) (Regular)
- Qualifying Exam: Pass M.Sc. (Physics/Applied Physics/Electronics Mathematics/Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biosciences/Life Sciences/Material Science).
Pass B.E./B.Tech (Electronics/Computer Science/Electrical/Mechanical /Engineering Physics/Metallurgy/Material Engineering/Information Technology/Biotechnology/Biomedical/Chemical Engineering or Technology).
- Minimum Marks: Secure a minimum 55% aggregate.
Note: Mathematics as one of the subjects at 12th or the undergraduate level is a must.
M.Tech (Engineering Physics) (Regular)
- Qualifying Exam: Pass BE/B.Tech. (Electronics/Computer Science/Electrical/Engineering Physics/Information Technology/Instrumentation & Control).
Sc. in (Physics/Applied Physics/Electronics/Mathematics).
- Minimum Marks: Secure at least 55% Marks.Note: Should have studied physics at the undergraduate level.
M.Tech (Chemical Engineering) (Regular)
- Qualifying Exam: Pass B.Tech/B.E in Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum Marks: Secure a minimum of 60% marks.
M.Tech (Robotics and Automation) (Regular)
- Qualifying Exam: Pass B.Tech/BE in (Computer Science /Computer Engineering / Computer Science and Engineering /Information Technology /Instrumentation and Control Engineering / Electronics Engineering / Electronics and Communication Engineering / Electrical Engineering /Electrical and Electronics Engineering /Mechanical Engineering /Mechanical and Automation Engineering /Industrial Engineering / Production Engineering /Automobile Engineering/Mechatronics / Manufacturing Engineering / Aerospace Engineering).
- Minimum Marks: Obtain at least 60% marks.
BBA & Allied Programmes
Qualifying Exam: Pass 12th or equivalent exam with English subject securing minimum 50% aggregate.
You might also like-Guidelines to Prepare For BCA CET IPU
Qualifying Exam: Pass a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks.
Pass bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Technology or any other subject with a minimum of 50% marks.
Pass final examination of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or England, the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India or England or the Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
Suggested for you- IP University MBA 2021-22 Eligibility Criteria
MBA (Information Technology)
Qualifying Exam: Pass B.E/B.Tech with minimum 60% marks.
Pass M.Sc (CS), M. Sc (IT), M.Sc (Electronics) with scoring 60% marks.
Pass MCA with a minimum of 60% marks.
Qualifying Exam: Pass 12th or equivalent exam with English and Mathematics or Computer Science/Informatics Practice/Computer Applications/Multimedia & Web Technology/Data Management Application/Web Application with minimum 50% marks.
Three years diploma in Engineering with scoring minimum 50% marks from a polytechnic recognized by AICTE.
Qualifying Exam: Pass a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum of 60% marks and pass 12th with Mathematics and English.
Pass BCA/BIT/BIS of at least three years duration with a minimum of 50% marks.
Pass bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology with securing 50% marks in aggregate.
MCA (Lateral Entry)
- Qualifying Exam: Pass BCA/B.Sc (Information Technology)/B.Sc (Computer Science) degree and must have Mathematics at 12th or graduate level.
- Minimum Marks: Secure at least 55% marks.
- Qualifying Exam: Pass 12th or equivalent exam with English subject.
- Minimum Marks: Secure a minimum 50% aggregate.
Qualifying Exam: Pass an LL.B degree as recognized by the Bar Council of India for Enrollment as an Advocate or an equivalent Law Degree from a Foreign University with not less than 50% marks.
All the best for your CET exam! Hope you ace it and get to the desired college!