The University School of Information and Communication Technology is also known as USICT is an engineering college affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Inderprastha University. It is located in the main campus of GGSIPU in Dwarka, New Delhi.
The college received an accreditation ‘A’ by NAAC and has also been approved by the UGC. University School of Information, communication and Technology, New Delhi was established in the year 1999.
USICT offers a variety of courses for its students, namely B.Tech, M.Tech, B.Tech + M.Tech(Dual Degree), MCA as well as PhD. Admission to this college is based on CET’s as well as JEE Mains.
USICT: Major Takeaways
USICT provides all the basic facilities to its students. Some of them are listed below.
- Hostel: The hostel provided by the college is very well maintained and boasts of a good standard. Each student is allotted a single room, there is no provision from room sharing. There are two 9 storey buildings for hostels. Each floor has 25 rooms. The rooms are very spacious and well furnished.The food provided by the hostels is of good quality, the wardens are well- behaved and very cooperative. There are separate hostels for girls and boys.
- Library: The college library acts as a valuable asset for the students. There are more than 5000 journals, books of different fields, subjects that can be found in the library.The teaching staff, as well as the students, have free entry in the college library during the college hours. They can also issue books from the college library.
- Classrooms: The classrooms are big and equipped with all modern methods required for teaching. The classes are sufficiently big to accommodate as much as 60 students at a time.
- Canteen: The college canteen provides delicious food for the student and its staff at affordable prices.
Read More: GGSIPU on Fee Hike
The teaching staff of the USICT is very experienced and well versed with their subjects, they constantly sharpen their knowledge through the regularly held faculty development programs. The professors are very understanding and cooperative with their students. They try to cater to the needs of each student by giving them individual attention if required.
- Total numbers of professors- 11
- Number of Associate professors- 8
- Total number of Assistant professors- 27
Check out the Instagram page for more updates: Instagram
Overall placements at USICT are really good. Companies like Amazon and Genpact visit the companies as a part of the placement drive. Students also have the opportunity to apply off-campus since the placements for branches other than the core branches may not be of the desired level.
We hope this information helps you in choosing the college that best fits you as a person. Stay tuned as we come up with more such colleges around GGSIPU.