Exam season is around the corner and every student is busy in preparing for one exam or the other. IIM Indore has released the final date and instructions for CAT 2020.
CAT exam for this year will be conducted on November 29, 2020 through online mode. The computer-based exam will now consist of 100 questions to be answered in 120 minutes.
Earlier, the students had to answer all the 100 questions in around 180 minutes, but now this time limit has been reduced to 2 hours with updated pattern.
CAT Exam 2020 Pattern:
As per the changed exam pattern of 2020, CAT exam has been divided into 3 sections, with 40 minutes allotted for each section.
The sections include:
• VARC: Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (34 questions)
• DILR: Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (32 questions)
• Quant: Quantitative Ability (34 questions)
Total: 34+32+34= 100 questions
However, despite many changes brought about during last four years in CAT exam pattern, the basics of the CAT exam have not changed. It is expected that CAT 2020 exam pattern is to remain as per the last 3 years pattern, although there could be some minor changes in number and type of questions and their sectional composition.
Tips and tricks:
With very less time left for the exam, students must be resorting for some quick ways to crack the difficult paper with much ease!
So here are some tips that can help you out:
▪ Go through the revised exam pattern carefully, as there is separate sectional marking, so you should know how much time you have to invest on each section!
▪ Read the syllabus thoroughly
▪ Pick out your strong and weak areas and monitor your improvement regularly
▪ Give as many Mock CAT exams available online as you can
▪ See and solve previous year question papers, at least from 2015-19
▪ For those who are not so good in VARC, here’s an interesting exercise for you. Watch English movies, TV series, converse with your friends in English. Practice this daily and you are good to go!
▪ Reading newspaper articles and jotting down new words regularly will also help
▪ Data Interpretation (DI) is considered as a bit tricky section. Focus more on practicing such questions before hand.
These are a few helpful tricks that can help you organize your preparation strategy. But, in the end, it requires your self motivation and dedication that will help you shine out with flying colors!
Remember – “Hard Work is the formula for success”
ALL THE BEST!
Follow Us On Instagram For More!